Organiser : SEI
This course trains participants to be competent in testing of the atmosphere in any place of work in which toxic or noxious substances are manufactured, handled, used or given off such that toxic or irritating dusts, fumes, gases, fibres, mists or vapours are present in quantities liable to pose health threats to workers. This is required under regulation 39(6) of the Workplace Safety and Health (General Provisions) Regulations 2006.
Level : OSH personnel, safety officers, consultants and personnel engaged in the sampling and monitoring of airborne contaminants.
Certificate Awarded : Participants will gain 19 SDUs upon completion of the course.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to competently carry out sampling and monitoring activities at their place of work.
Curriculum Description :
– Sampling of Gases, Vapours and Aerosols
– Sampling and Monitoring Strategy
– Airflow Measurement and Instrument Calibration
– Organic Vapour Sampling – Practical
– Dust Sampling – Practical Session
– Analytical Techniques
– Air Pollution Control
– Indoor Air Quality Standards / Assessment and Instrument / Equipment Demonstration
– Ambient Air Quality Monitoring and Site Visit
– Open Book Examination#
Venue : SEI Training Room, 40 Scotts Rd #06-00 Environment Building, Singapore 228231 (With 1-day practical session at Singapore Polytechnic)
Contact Person :
Name Salutation Designation Phone/ Fax SEI (65) 67319208 firstname.lastname@example.org
URI : http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/sei/Courses_sampling.html
Course Fees : $450 (incl GST)